Tuesday, December 20, 2005

FROM ROMANS 12


ROMANS 12
1 There fore I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God...this is your spiritual act of worship.
This means daily laying aside our own desires and follow Him. Putting all our energy and resources at His disposal and trusting Him to guide us. We do this out of gratitude that our sins have been forgiven.
2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is...His good, pleasing, and perfect will.
Christians are called to "not conform any longer to the pattern of this world" with its behavior and customs that are usually selfish and often corrupting. Many Christians wisely decide that much worldly behavior is off limits for them. Our refusal to conform to this world's values, however, must go even deeper than the level of behavior and customs...it must be firmly planted in our minds! "Be transformed by renewing of your mind." It is posssible to avoid most worldly customs and still be proud, covetous, selfish, stubborn, and arrogant. Only when the Holy Spirit renews, reeducates, and redirects our minds are we truly transformed.

God has a good, pleasing, and perfect plan for His children. He wants us to be transformed people with renewed minds, living to honor and obey Him! Because He wants what is only best for US, and because He gave His Son to make our new lives possible, we should joyfully give ourselves as living sacrifices for His service!

Father,
Forgive me for not spending time in Your Word. I don't know what I was thinking. I can see this morning the problem isn't with anyone else....it is getting my mind transformed and back on track with You. I need You in the morning...to be filled up to overflowing with You....that is what will set the tempo of my day. Again, forgive me and thank you for being a God of MANY chances!
In Christ's Name I pray,
Amen

No comments: